So over the past few weeks, instead of running I've turned to less optimal stress-management strategies, such as eating lots of cookies, popping my gum, and lying awake nights coveting new carpet.
I also took out a short-term membership at the gym, which I hoped would at least provide me with some good blogging material. With the exception of the 70-year-old glamor puss in the Body Sculpt class (I'm pretty sure she'd bejeweled her free weights), the gym was disappointingly bland.
Imagine my excitement this morning when, after Wade woke me up by tossing my sports bra in my face, I stepped out the front door on the brink of sunrise and my tenuous strides became pain-free sprints. I was so excited I didn't notice the driver turning left into the crosswalk on 39th South who very nearly hit me.
But he didn't, and things are looking up.

Oh my goodness, Lindsay Lohan looks horrible!! I am very happy to hear you ran and did not get hit by a car!!!! That would have been more than ironic. You are awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat's Lindsay Lohan?! Yikes. I'm so happy you're "on the road again", but do watch out for those cars. What's your favorite running tune these days? I need to perk up my playlist, so any suggestions would be great!
ReplyDeleteShin splints??!! That's NO FUN at all! Did the lady at the gym have "little tiny hands and feet." Seriously, it still makes me laugh out loud when I think of Scotty and the little lady! :) You're a trooper, to run at the brink of sunlight. Where is our sunlight going???!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the running and work-out in the gym. And Maybe the aged gym lady is really 80! Yathink? Grandma Jean.
ReplyDelete