Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thomas Tribute

Thomas's ruddy cheeks remind me of Wendy's plea to Peter Pan: "Oh how I wish I could take you up and squdge you!"

Although Wade and I are trying to resist labeling our children, we often say that Thomas is me on the outside . . .

and Wade on the inside.

But the truth is, this kid is his own man.

Thomas loves Hanes T-shirts (his "underwears"), fruit, the color "roinge," and dressing up as Sazon, his alterego bad guy.

T is cuddly in the morning, he always shares his candy with me, and he makes me laugh every day.

8 comments:

  1. I love T's breakfast orders. He walks into the kitchen with Nonny (his blanket), sets her on her designated chair, sits up in his own chair and then hits us with the following order:

    "I want...
    - Yogurt
    - Shlocolate milk
    - Toast with cinnamon and sugar on it
    - Part of an english muffin
    - Apple Jacks
    - A banana
    ...and that's all."

    Today, however, he changed up his order somewhat. He was still groggy from just waking up so he shortened it to, "Dad, I just have what I regularly have."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Thomas story at book club! He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got such a giggle out of his Halloween picture...and Wade's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah to Tom! I love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night, Robby and I stayed with the boys while Anne went to book club. As I was trying to read Tom a story - he said, "I like my mom better than you. I like Robby better than you." I understand, I really do. But. Anne tried to comfort me by telling me how Thomas always tells her he likes Wade better. I woke up giggling this morning, thinking where that puts me on the line up. It gets lower every day. I love Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls - why do I have to type in these weird words to post on your blogs? Must I?

    ReplyDelete