Friday, May 14, 2010

Love That Muddy Water

Two weeks ago I went to visit my adorable sister Mary, her adorable new baby Lucy, and the rest of her adorable family (that means you, Chad) in Boston. A weekend away in one of the country's most interesting towns was just what the doctor ordered.

Mostly I got to hang out with this cute girl,

cuddle with this one,

and be entertained by these two.


Other highlights included a (pain free!) run along the Charles River past MIT and Harvard (totally made me smarter), time to hang out with Adam and Dad, and being smack dab in the middle of national news headlines. You may have heard about Watertown's water contamination? (I know, the irony abounds.) I was right there in the thick of things, hard boiling away.

Mary let me put The Woo in her Blessing dress, the same one she and I wore.

And on our last morning we picked up the WMAHC (World's Most Amazing Hot Chocolate) from Burdick and sipped away in Mt. Auburn Cemetery (my favorite spot in Boston) while Mary fed the babe; Grandpa, Jack, and Marian climbed the tower, and I drooled over horticulture.

Thanks to Prince Wade for sending me, taking care of the boys, and missing me. In return? I came home one happy woman.

3 comments:

  1. Come back come back we miss you! You were the best visitor! Thanks for all your help. Shame on me for not taking your picture when you ran along the Charles! You looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip. I especially enjoyed the part where you dressed Lucy in the blessing dress you wore and Mary wore. So precious. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R and R very necessary for happy parenting! I am so happy you got to go to an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete